PDA

View Full Version : Grid Computing Center

Coleslaw
10th August 2017, 02:00 PM
Grid Computing Center - http://boinc.gridcomputingcenter.org/
This is the new home of GoofyxGrid. They currently are both the monkeys app as before alongside a crypto-currency app supporting XMR coins (still in testing). They intend on picking up some of the slack from BitcoinUtopia going under. However, they are still testing.

I am opening this thread up for discussion on whether to add the project. Most look at it as the same project as GoofyxGrid but with a new name as is. However, I also know some people do not like NCI application projects being in a challenge of any kind. I'm not going to take a side on that in the public forums but will bring up points for either side if someone wants to discuss it.

DigiK-oz
12th August 2017, 09:33 AM
Well, I, for one, was fed up with Goofy regarding the "multiple instances" discussion : Yes, we allow it, no we do not, we ban people with 1000 instances but not the ones with 999, etc :( For that reason, among others, I am in the camp of not allowing ANY nci projects in DC-Vault or any other competition. And basically, the same holds true for crypto-currency apps : they are intended to make someone (the project, the cruncher, or whoever) some "money". And no, I am not starting a discussion regarding the merits and/or value of any crypto-currency here :)

Beyond
12th August 2017, 01:56 PM
Well, I, for one, was fed up with Goofy regarding the "multiple instances" discussion : Yes, we allow it, no we do not, we ban people with 1000 instances but not the ones with 999, etc :( For that reason, among others, I am in the camp of not allowing ANY nci projects in DC-Vault or any other competition. And basically, the same holds true for crypto-currency apps : they are intended to make someone (the project, the cruncher, or whoever) some "money". And no, I am not starting a discussion regarding the merits and/or value of any crypto-currency here :)
Seconded. No goofy and no more nci projects.

Coleslaw
13th October 2017, 01:17 PM
And we are ping ponging again. GCC is now declared closed and they are migrating back to the goofyxgrid project only now he is going to split it into two projects. There will be an NCI and a CI project. The NCI project will be first and is where the admin is now updating things. However, he has not notified BOINCStats of the changes yet.

Coleslaw
25th November 2017, 12:42 PM
This project switched back to the goofy name and is now located at http://nci.goofyxgridathome.net/. It runs about as stable as it usually did. Which isn't saying a lot as the admin continues to tweak and experiment. The work units have been behaving as far as I can tell. The CPU intensive project is not up and running yet.