PDA

View Full Version : RakeSearch

Coleslaw
10th February 2018, 03:00 AM
http://rake.boincfast.ru/rakesearch/

RakeSearch is a research project that uses Internet-connected computers to search for orthogonal diagonal Latin squares.

Please post your thoughts and/or concerns about the project here.

Coleslaw
10th February 2018, 03:03 AM
Request for admin approval is located here - http://rake.boincfast.ru/rakesearch/forum_thread.php?id=58#316

Bill
12th February 2018, 03:17 AM
Looking at the last 60 days of stats they have had consistent daily production. Looks like about 325 active users.

I loaded up one system and so far every WU has completed successfully.

Bill F

Rusty
12th February 2018, 08:07 AM
Loader her up

Bill
20th March 2018, 08:29 AM
Coleslaw the Admin responded with a welcome and a interest in more attention but did not actually approve a challenge run. Were you going to set one up ? The project appears very stable.

Bill F

Coleslaw
20th March 2018, 07:13 PM
I will start planning something soon.

Coleslaw
3rd April 2018, 01:09 PM
Challenge issued here - https://boincstats.com/en/stats/challenge/team/chat/1001
4/16-4/23

I also PM'd hoarfrost. So at least one project admin is aware of the thread.

Ken_g6
4th April 2018, 02:38 PM
I can't register my team admin with BoincStats because they're using version 1 of ReCaptcha, which shut down a few days ago. :confused: Could someone please bonk the BoincStats admin? :haddock:

Coleslaw
4th April 2018, 05:35 PM
If you have access to your account at BAM! you can just post in their support forums. All PM's to Willy go unheard as he doesn't monitor the PM's for "support issues". He has that on his signature in the forums. If you cannot, then let me know and I will drop a comment in there.

Coleslaw
22nd April 2018, 02:43 AM
Only one more day before wrapping up the challenge. I haven't heard a lot of complaint and so far seem to have good support for adding it.

Ken_g6
23rd April 2018, 03:47 AM
I guess I'll post this (https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/rakesearch-stress-test-for-possible-dc-vault-inclusion.2542421/page-4#post-39395938) here, since my TeAm-mate hasn't:

RakeSearch could become a Formula Boinc sprint project, or worse, a Pentathlon project. I hope that neither happens, because their project server is not likely to keep up with either.

From all appearances, this 7 day "stress" test was far lighter on the project than an FB sprint would be, let alone a Pentathlon sub race.

I hope for the project's sake that Gridcoin won't whitelist them. That's not just from considering the last few hours of unresponsiveness, but more so about the rather slow rate of task generation on all the past days.

Edit,
and regarding inclusion into DC-Vault: The project should IMO not be promoted by DC-Vault as long as they keep their wasteful stock application which is 10 times slower than the 3rd party anonymous platform applications.

Edit: P.S. Thanks to whoever clued BoincStats in about their signup page.

Duce H_ K_
23rd April 2018, 10:41 AM
Hey there people!
When I regged here I entered "reCAPTCHA V1 IS SHUTDOWN SINCE 1 APRIL" or "...SINCE 31 MARCH" withoun quotation marks — and it worked!

Sad that I couldn't crunch for Karelia in 'preDC-VAULT' contest but instead I supported Francophone Alliance team. Though a bunch of results uploaded after the end of the race due to 2 day power shutdown in my loc.
And no suggestions about RakeSearch as we, TSC!_Russia team support biomedicine projects.

Coleslaw
25th April 2018, 06:58 PM
Anyone else with thoughts and concerns?

Beyond
25th April 2018, 10:17 PM
Anyone else with thoughts and concerns?
Thoughts: The app and workflow seem stable. The website is often slow. It would be nice if they made Daniel's optimized app standard. If just the SSE2 version which works on most modern CPUs and is about 8x faster than the stock app. It's mystifying and a little troubling that they don't.

Coleslaw
26th April 2018, 02:01 AM
Well, the admin did say they would add the optimized app as the default http://rake.boincfast.ru/rakesearch/forum_thread.php?id=20#60 but no telling when that will take place. Probably need time to verify there is no issues with it as they were attempting to send it out as a BETA application as well. However, Natalia isn't always clear when she replies to people and doesn't always reply directly to them in a spot they will necessarily even read. So, only time will tell. We as donors sometimes get impatient when things don't move quickly but we need to remember that sometimes things need to move slow to be done right. Until then, everyone has the option of running the optimized applications and the link is stickied. Please continue to post thoughts and concerns. I will encourage Rusty to put up a vote soon for inclusion.

Bill
27th April 2018, 03:53 AM
Currently there are no available WU's for the BETA app and none in progress. Does anyone have an idea how often if ever these are generated and released ?

Thanks
Bill F

Coleslaw
27th April 2018, 11:29 AM
I had some early on but installed the custom apps and quit watching as there weren't a lot when they were released. Not sure what the hold up is.

Coleslaw
9th May 2018, 05:25 PM
RakeSearch poll has been added.

Bill
10th May 2018, 03:46 AM
During the Stress test there was a question regarding enough work. The Project News has been updated that they have added memory and will be adding a CPU (once they find a correct fan) - May 5th 2018 posting

Bill F

Beyond
10th May 2018, 02:58 PM
Adding the memory seems to have fixed the slow website issue that I mentioned before. Workflow has been reliable and have had no issues will work units. I do wish that they would make Daniel's optimized app standard, but that's not a huge deal.

Bill
18th May 2018, 03:37 AM
Here is the most recent update from the Project Admin
Posted: 17 May 2018, 9:17:23 UTC

--------------------------

Dear participants,

today we upgrade the server once more to install a new CPU and an HDD, making RAID.
So, the server will experience periods of unavailability since 09:00 to 19:00 UTC.

Thank you for attention and happy crunching!

-----------------------

Bill F